Friday, November 28, 2008

To Be With You..

I dreamt of you today, yesterday, and
what seems to be always.
I know I can't have you,
my forbidden love, but
it is in my dreams
that I endure what I wish could be:
you and I together,
living each day
as though it were our last.
The feeling of knowing we can
laugh about the most random things,
crack jokes that only you and I
know the meaning, and
play around with each other
as though we were kids.
Sometimes, maybe even more than often,
I wonder if you feel the same as I do.
Seeing you walk into a room, flashing a smile,
can set my whole mood.
Do I do the same for you?
Maybe you don't even see me in the same light.
Maybe you don't even realize
that you and I can be
so right for each other.
No matter the deal, I know for a fact,
my feelings for you are real.
This is why it pains me
to see you everyday,
knowing I can't have you in any way.

No comments: