Friday, November 28, 2008

Flawless

flawless.

that is what you are to me.

i could write a thousand lines

about your beauty and

that still wouldn't capture

your true essence of perfection.

there is something about

your mysterious eyes

that lead to a wounded path

deep into your loving soul.

a soul in which i hope to

one day get to know

like the back of my hand

or the pain in my heart

of yearning to be with you

and not being able to even

whisper words

of how wonderful i think you are

or how i wish i could hold you close,

even for a second.

because one second is better than nothing,

and not having you in my life

would be like not being able to breathe.

so for now i'll just continue to

love you...secretly...

and, from afar, admire your

imperfections and luminary smile,

your humor and your intelligence,

along with all the rest of who you are.

damn…

why do you have to make me weak in the knees

whenever you are around?

making it hard to just be myself.

why do you have to be so perfect?

it's as though g-d is teasing me

by bringing you into my life

because i can't even get a taste,

not even one little bite.

No comments: