Thursday, August 19, 2010

Potato Chips???

So, I'm writing a poem about potato chips. Not just any potato chips. No way. I'm talking about high quality potato chips. Not the kind that are already in crumbs by the time you get home, unload the grocery bags, and sit down to enjoy a bag of salty, crunchy potato chips. I'm talking about the kind of potato chips that come in flavors. The kind that have more crunch than grease. The kind that are perfectly salted so that the flavor bursts in your mouth the moment the potato chip touches your tongue. That's the kind of potato chip I'm writing a poem about. Now, if you don't know me well, then I don't want you to think I'm some kind of weird potato chip loving freak. I am a bit strange, at times. But my passion for the culinary world comes from my love of cooking, and the 6 months I spent at culinary school contributed to it as well.

Here's what I have so far:

I like my potato chips to be
crunchy, salty, and
with very little grease.
A great potato chip should be
flavorful, and in tact
once you open the bag.
A great potato chip
is strong enough to
marry with the thickest of dips.


Erica I. Feliciano

No comments: